Friday, October 26, 2012

New Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

   Revlon has done it again! They have stolen my art with their lip products and the money in my wallet at the same time. Today, I wanted to talk about a new Revlon product in drugstores right now. I happened to find these by chance and knew that by (a) the beautiful array of colors and (b) the fact that it's a lip product, I had to pick up some. I stood there for about 10 minutes trying to pick a color (no joke!). I am extremely happy with the ones that I picked up. I found mine at Rite Aid during Revlon's Buy One, Get One 50% off deal so the total for these two were about $15, which is still a little on the pricey side in my opinion for a drugstore product (reg. around $10 each).
   The two that I decided to pick up were #035 Backstage and #025 Socialite. The names of these are quite cute! As far as I know, these are not yet listed on Revlon's official site so I'm not able to tell you the other names just yet. 


  The packaging is super sleek but at the same time, I do feel like it feels a little cheap. To get to the product, you turn the tube, just as you would with a lipstick. The difference with this is that it makes a 'clicking' noise as more product comes out. And like a lipstick, you are able to turn it counter-clockwise for the product to go pack into the packaging..if that makes sense! :)

    When trying to choose a color, I immediately chose one that was red. After questioning myself many times, I put it back and tried to find colors that I don't have a lot of in my collection. As you can see, I chose a color that is pretty and bold for the fall/winter season, and then a more wearable, everyday color. (You can never have enough wearable lipsticks in my opinion!)
    The more wearable option that I first chose was the color "Socialite". I would describe socialite as a light pink, that gives the illusion of the 'your lips but better look.' Like the Revlon lip butters, this applies with a smooth, almost moisturizing finish but once it sets, you are left with a matte look. Personally, I've been getting into the "matte" look with many of my lipsticks. If you're not into that look, I suggest pairing it with a gloss.
Picture Above: Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in "Socialite"
    The bold option I decided to go with was the color "Backstage." I would describe Backstage as a gorgeous deep raspberry. Out of both of the colors I choose, this is the standout for me so far! I love the way it looks paired with my complexion. If you're looking for a great berry lipstick for the fall/winter season, I highly suggest this color! Again, this color starts off with a dewy finish and then sets itself to be matte.





 Swatches Above: (Left: Backstage / Right: Socialite)

These lipsticks are formulated with Shea Butter, Aloe, and Vitamin E. Revlon also notes that these are instantly moisturizing and that you can get up to 16 hours of wear. I don't usually believe the whole 16-24 hour wear when it comes to any makeup product on the market. Another thing to note is that they are "food-proof" wear which is pretty self explanatory. I think that as long as you aren't eating something that is super oily, you're good to go. 

So my overall thoughts on this product is that I like it, but i'm not in love with it. To see a full video review, showing me applying the lipsticks and comparing them to other Revlon lip products, watch the video below!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY